UPDATE: Because of unexplicable reasons, people have started cheating in the game. to ensure everyone not playing by the rules of the game are caught, everyone is now banned. Thanks for your understanding.
April fools server update have been removed and game data and player status have returned back to normal.
AURORE IO BOT - SERVER APPROVAL SYSTEM
The server has been updated to let Aurore replay and review your scores. Expect your miner icon to become chromatic rather than grayscaled in the coming days/weeks (the older your highscore the longer)
- If your replay icon becomes chromatic, then approval was successful.
- If your replay icon becomes a question mark, it means that Aurore can't tell if your score is synced or not because the approval module have crashed during the verification. I'll investigate and eventually fix the code, and try again.
- If your replay icon turn yellow it means that some kind of desync issue has occured, i'll investigate eventually and will have a look quickly if that's your best score. If I cannot get your score to be validated through Aurore, I will review it myself.
- If your replay icon turn red, it means Aurore approval module reported your game couldn't have possibly been played without flagrant use of hacks or/and cheats. Depending on the situation, your account may be restricted and your achievements removed.
current approval glitches:
- Using Pinkie Pie cause Aurore IO to crash. Fixed - Successfully rescuing a pony in a replay cause Aurore to crash Fixed - Oversight causing a crash during approval when finding items from corpses Fixed
- English message for Aurore approval is missing. Z will say the message in french.
- Aurore IO may run out of memory if replay lasts for about 30 minutes. If this happen you'll also get another (?) as replay icon.
SERVER QUERY IN COMMUNITY ROOM
Update is now allowing the server to send names with the replay much more efficiently, without lag. depth column was also replaced with death type.
SERVER BACK UP.
Possibly as a result of an explosive popularity, the server connection was shut down for a while. The only solution was a forced cooldown, and I do not exclude the chance of it for happening again.
I'll begin making backups, just in case!
SERVER QUERY PROBLEM fletching the name of users from any quantity of replay is extremely slow, therefore I temporary disabled it. The name and status of the user who have submitted a replay will therefore appear to be missing for now.
Update (november 29):
- Fix for Hyper ventilation ability bubble showing at start
- Possible award for finding the final key inside the room of doom may now be more useful*
- Several countdowns are stopped upon death
- Density and High density abilities no longer increase the score requirements
- Music now plays properly after pausing
- Fix for normal mode unavailable in offline mode
- Surefooted ability now still works if you mount the pony.*
- Fix for Octavia Melody sprites
- Chat messages are now much more reliable.
- The rock ladder at the bottom of hard mode now generates all the way to the previous sector.*
- You'll now find a lot more diamonds inside the boulders of the last sector.*
- Something else will (or rather, may) kill you if you accept a particular offer in the game.
Fixes indicated with a * may desync existing replays.
Server update (november 27)
- Added account restriction system
°Players who cheat will now see their account restricted to a non-competitive use.
°Restricted accounts can't save replays and therefore lose all progress each time the account is loaded
°If you want to cheat "safely" so I don't remove your progress and that amazing 2147483647 score you just made: Click on the bottom left square to browse account option and click OFFLINE MODE. This way, the app will not warn me when you're doing nasty things. This option is also there for that.
Update (november 25):
- Surefooted now works correctly and is an ability of Applejack rather than Pinkie Pie
- Physic break now works as intended and is an ability of Pinkie Pie rather than Applejack
- Fixed sonic rainboom that could cause undefined score under certain circumstances
- Hyper ventilation now works correctly
- Air bubbles correctly display
- Air bubbles of pony no longer flash red since its only purpose is to refill your own
- Hyperventilation now works correctly and air transfer works correctly
- Super radar no longer freeze if the combo is disabled
- Pinkie pie no longer use her unique fall animation under water (she will swim like everypony else)
Known bugs - bugs in bold mean i'll be updating the game soon because of it
- In online mode, unlocking one of the secret characters will not allow you to access the relevant selection button in the partner choosing page. (Any of the relevant data regarding unlocking this partner will still save.)
- It takes two hits from punches (Hydrolic fist) of hooves (Bucking) to dislodge snow, while one hit only is supposed to be enough.
- Some french translation texts are missing (cursed offer) or not behaving correctly (achievement icons)
- The game have problems listing treasures obtained in a replay preview.
- Starting credit of replays is always zero (may cause desyncs)
- Sonic Rainboom is a passive ability of Moin rather than a mounted ability from Rainbow Dash
- Any achievements obtained from any game, including replays (and including replays you didn't make!!!) will carry over to the next game. As a results, browsing replays you didn't make have been disabled for now.
- If the game fails one try to send a message in the chat, the counter of tries won't reset (undefined behavior, such as wrong update message, will occur afterward)
- Sweetie Drop's Extra Life ability search for a Fluttershy Icon to display the recharge timer.
- Drowning in oil will incorrectly be counted as a water death.
- If you're slippery and mounting a pony who isn't, your pony can still slide.
- Excessive nuke damage can freeze the game (possibly the same bug that caused you to freeze after excessive gas explosion - I will investigate) - most likely caused by a stack overflow that isn't traced. I will test this.
- The staff of stasis has no effect. The effect it should have is given by another item in the game. [This bug has been here since Miner Disturbance: Hyper volcano V0.8, congratulation to Kyle2Death for this find]
The time has come.
Finally, finally, it's done. The most advanced miner disturbance remake&ponification I have ever made, the largest and most complex Flash game I have ever created, the most sophisticated server I've developed.
Can it be worthy of a MLP Ponification game? You decide.
Be careful, this flash app can be pretty CPU intensive. May require a fast computer to run properly without too much FPS drop.
Be careful, this flash app may use a lot of memory for caching data.
Note: On some browsers, you may experience command lag. Post if you have problems that is really annoying and i'll see what I can do.
Now I'm pretty proud on how far I pushed the development of this thing. But the time and the money I've spent in this makes me want to cry.
Version 4 update:
- Added community room, allowing you to chat with anyone and get your replay keys.
- It is now mandatory to complete the tutorial before proceeding.
- HUD can show more info with F2, be disabled with F3 (and returned to normal with F1)
- Dramatically extended the statistic system. Most of you will certainly never figure how many achievements they are on their own.
- Statistic icons representing an achievement you've got are now painted in blue rather than green so it is less "aggressive".
- Added player tiering. Your miner tier is relative to how many achievement you have completed.
- Custom volcano engine through option code, thought I don't plan on using it at the moment...
- Added pre-level sale. Much like in the original game and in MDHV hard mode, you can now purchase items on entry. You can also save your credits for later (Z would generally advise you not to)
- The pony-less mode was extended so players who has a pony haters should theorically be able to play a pony-less version in the future. "Theorically".
- Replay system through option code. In comparison to V2, your replays are automatically sent and you can share your replay key with anyone you want.
- Account settings: Server based save and custom name.
- Highscore table and player ranking.
- Added option for offline play. This disable most features of the game but allows you to play with no internet connection required.
- Added arrows from the official miner disturbance game, when pressing space key, to tell you where you can mine.
- Added tutorial instructions for players who enjoy skiping Z messages but then don't know what to do.
- Added background blue/purple sky starfield.
- Fix for "EXTRA LIFE" ability misbehaving in certain situations (Thanks razorsharpfang)
- Fix for giving up still counting Twilight Sparkle as unlocked in tutorial
- Fix for super radar combo ability interruption, which caused the arrows to "freeze" instead of smoothly disappearing.
- Fix for tutorial game message from Z that could still be cast several minutes after a game over.
- Bucking / Punching the shop walls will no longer collapse it and create strange behavior
- Fixes for the shield of Miss Phorj
- Cells containing lava are now very bright
- Fluttershy was given the "MIND READER" ability (If tips are enabled, Z will explain what's up with that if you pick her as partner.)
- Rainbow Dash was given the "FAST PACE" ability
- "PARTY CANNONING" ability and Rock blaster powerup now state you need to press SHIFT to fire.
- Z now give extra comments about various things.
- The 35k offer for collecting 10 diamonds have been removed.
- Ice plasma container resistance over disturbance stuff has been increased in about 60%
- A (not so well) hidden square container will now appear in the volcano for curious players.
- The full normal volcano has been released. As a result:
° You may now reach the bottom of the volcano and gain access to a new sectors with a lot of diamonds.
° It is now possible to gain all items in the game
° It is now possible to purchase all offers in the game
° The condemned zone has been removed and has been replaced by the cursed zone.
° Expect highscores of 600k+
- Loads and loads of fixes and stuff and implementations.
Updates relative to the complete beta:
- Four extra-6 characters had their name changed. (Berry Punch is now Berryshine, Lyra was extended to Lyra Heartstrings, Derpy Hooves was shortened to Derpy, and Octavia was extended to Octavia Melody)
- Additionnal planed characters are now unlockable
- 6M-CMEC is now unlockable if you're a platinum player or a beta tester.
- DJ PON-3 and Octavia requirements are more realistics in this version.
- Berryshine has been added the "UNSTEADY" ability
- Density abilities no longer affect score related conditions. (it also means that "minimum score" conditions now require you to get the score you would need without Density abilities.) Bonus points obtained through trading now also get affected by the multipliers.
Updates relative to the replay system from V2.0 onward:
- Replay information data has been extended to include more details, including a few you can freely see (treasures collected)
- The replay system now properly end the game when it should, when the player purposely give up during the recording.
- Fixed a desync problem relative to what ponies you have unlocked from the beginning of the replay (It wasn't possible to see the replays anyway, but I'm glad I fixed it)
- The desync relative to the rock blaster should not occur, it was caused by the replay doing a check on your actual keyboard (Basically you could resync a replay by pressing SHIFT when you were re-firing and desync any other replay by holding down shift after they started using the rock blaster)
Updates relative to Miner Disturbance: Hyper Volcano lite
- Gas explosion check logic was changed slightly, it now checks the gas presence in only one of the central 8x8 dots rather than how many 8x8 dots was here in the 32x32 cell. Overall it now looks very accurate
- It is no longer possible for gas to explode in water
- lava will no longer make gas explode. That is, unless something else was added to the mix.
- Explosion kill myths as they should
- A pick up animation was added for the remote controled bomb
- The logic behind water pressure was added and it should now work like the original version did (basically, water levels over a single lake tends to adjust themselves)
- Snow now use the graphics from the original miner disturbance game
- Blowing up snow now properly generate water
- More sounds were imported
- Big rework for the myth AI. There should still be a few difference, but expect them to be really dangerous now.
- Two of the new powerups are exclusive to this version and might be used for custom volcanoes, one of which should become pretty handy if you are trying to deal with lava.
Info relative to miner disturbance (about mechanisms ported to this game)
- No eruption lava (sorry!)
- Oil that unstick do not overide existing cells in this version.
- There are a few outlining differences (very late addition). It is also imperfect and can contain "holes" because of the procedure I used to cache these. (Outlining is used to render the characters where it would be otherwise hard or impossible to see)
- Oil does not affect the jetpack reload time.
I've spent way too much time on it as well. All of this network upgrade was supposed to go into my future Strawberry Milk project, but since the concept was pretty similar, I decided to start out by actually upgrading this one.
Fused from V2.0 and V3.3, with added features and options, along with new more flexible communication protocol.
Yup, the php and mysql server are also my own work.
A link is available here. Contributors to any projects are remembered across all games I make and will get special advantages in the future.